Saturday, January 8, 2011

Goals for 2011

There are several pedagogical practices that i have been experimenting with for the past two years as a way of ensuring both self and professional development. Some of these practices worthy of replication include online discussion boards, blogging, web quests, video clips of micro teaching lessons, Alpha box activity, double entry and reflective journals, PowerPoint presentations and videos/documentaries in instruction.

On a more professional level, one of my goals for 2011 is to publish my own research and a long term goal is to publish my own book on "Family Literacy in a Caribbean Context". Currently, I am working on my manuscript for submission to a regional and international teacher education journal. I hope that my work will meet the acceptable standard required for publication.

Another area of interest that i would like to explore relates to the manner in which facebook users utilize this site for social networking

No comments: