Saturday, February 7, 2009

New literacies in Methods Course

It seems that things are winding down for me in the MA in New Literacies course. I am in the process of refining my research questions and looking at a theoretical framework for the research. Not sure what the final product will be .

But i have something interesting going on with student teachers in my methods course. They seem excited about new literacies that i have incorporated in the course. Students are expected to participate in an online discussion. A discussion board has been set up for them. Consistent with the philosophical aim of the Associate Degree in Education Program i am making a deliberate attempt to develop the teacher as a reflective practitioner. So students are to engage in ongoing reflection through blogging. I am looking forward to the valuable lessons that this intervention will teach us.

No comments: